Friday, January 24, 2014

Everybody Poops

Did you know that there are books to teach children that everybody poops? Just Google it. There are children's books, t-shirts, mugs, you name it.
Well, I am the reason those books exist. I am in denial. I get SUPER embarrassed about it. Well, at least in public.

For instance:

At work, I have clogged the toilet. Once. Okay, twice. Twice where I've HAD TO TELL PEOPLE about it. Terrible. {To preface this story, I am an Office Assistant for the ISU Maintenance department. I work around a lot of men.} So... the first time it happened, there was no plunger to be found, and I'm not one to leave it for someone else to find... I had to ask one of the managers for a plunger. He could tell I was already embarrassed, so he hollered across the office, "Hey Mike! Do you have a plunger Becca can use?" Everybody busted up laughing. I laughed too. The second time, TODAY, I was working in the front office... and took a potty break. You know what happened. Luckily, there was a plunger next to the toilet. Like they knew or something.
It was the worst plunger in the history of plungers. It wasn't rubber, like they usually are, and wouldn't seal, or, you know, plunge. I tried flushing again, hoping it would make it better.... and the water started to rise. It stopped. Phew! I was okay. I got back to plunging again. Remember what I said earlier about the plunger? Yeah, worst device ever. No success. So, I did what anyone would do. I flushed again. the water began to rise .. . . . .rise . . rise. . . . . rise. .. and started pouring over the sides!! Gallons and gallons of water all over the floor, completely covering it!

I'm ending the story there. Needless to say, everyone in the office found out that I had clogged the toilet. I had to call one of our guys to come help out, and now all the guys also know I clogged the toilet.

So you know what I'm going to do? I am going to go to my local library, and find the book "Everybody Poops". I'll read it.... then maybe I'll laugh, and feel better.

The End.

No comments: