Tuesday, November 26, 2013

I gave myself a haircut

{NOTE: I'm back to blogging here! I like this blog, and feel sad totally giving it up... }

I gave myself a haircut.

It seemed like a great idea at the time… whenever I go, they only take off a little bit anyway; all I ever want is a trim. I only go to the cheap places (because I’m cheap. Some people call it frugal… but no, I’m just cheap). Last time, I went to a more ‘pricey’ cheap place. The trim cost $15.00 and I gave a $5.00 tip… 20 dollars for them to cut off a half-inch (okay, maybe an inch) in ten minutes!! Yeah… I told myself that that was THE LAST TIME I was going to pay for a trim. Well... that much for one, anyway.

I had a great solution. I would trim it myself.

<INSERT HEAVY SIGH. >

It’s not too bad. But it’s really not great. I've been trying to tell myself that it’s just as good, but I can’t lie anymore. It’s not! Ugh. It’s okay, I don’t think other people will be able to tell, but there are a few hairs longer than others, and it’s not completely straight. It doesn't have a nice clean cut look, you know?

The good news:
  • ·        It really isn’t bad. I can live with this.
  • ·        I only trimmed off a half-inch.

What I learned:

  • ·        I’m not as talented as I thought I was.

o   I do not love how it turned out. It’s driving me a little crazy. I can live with it… but it kinda bugs me.
  • ·        It is better to have a professional (or hair student, or even my mom who does a lovely job) trim my locks.

Well, that’s all about my hair for now. If you have a chance to see me, let me know what you think! “Oh, it’s not that bad!” or, “Becca… you should probably get that fixed.” 

Don’t worry, I can take it. ;)


1 comment:

mom said...

I LOLled really hard, I almost cried! Benny liked it too. It's not THAT bad, I'm sure. :-)