Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Oh... what a day.

My day was definitely just that, a day. I think I covered almost all the emotions, well, at least some of the extreme ones. It's definitely worth documenting, for myself, of course. You can read about it too, if you'd like.

My day began at 5:00 in the morning. I woke up, got ready for the day, participated in family prayer.. I love family prayer.. Then I went on my way to babysit a couple of my favorite kids. So.. I tended them from 5:30-8:30AM, and had a blast. They are such fun, cute, energetic people. It was my pleasure!
I dropped them off at a neighbor's home so I could go to my nine o'clock class.. As I took my left turn out of their sub-division.. I turned to wide and heard a "a;kjkl;awerjkl;asfjko;werpowiusl;dj" noise. That meant I had driven over the barricade/curb and high centered my car. I was terrified! I cannot afford to buy a new car right now. Fortunately, I was close to home. I pulled in my drive way thinking, "this can't be happening, this can't be happening, this can't be happening..." I called my dad and tried not to cry. It didn't work too well. He called one or our auto friends and asked if he could look at it. As I drove over, I was praying, "If my car is ruined, please help me cope with the loss.. if it's not, thank you, thank you, thank you... If it is, I'll understand, just help me to be okay!"
I took my car over to Brother C., "Oh it looks perfect!"
"What about the muffler?" I asked.
"Oh, it's detached. It'll be noisy, but it's safe! Call me this week, and we can get that back on for ya."
My prayer was answered.
Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you...

Monday, I had lost my journal/notebook/day planner/doodle/everything book at school. There's nothing in there I'm ashamed of, but is is awfully personal..
Today I lost my car keys. I searched campus high and low.
In both cases, I thought I was doomed.
Again, a few more prayers.
After more time and work, they are both safe and sound.

I've been through the wringer, and those are just a few of the events that I've been able to participate in today.

The Lord is aware of us, and our needs. He loves us.
I know this to be true.
We are so blessed to have these reminders.

2 comments:

Britni Ward said...

I love you. You inspire me. (as if I haven't told you that already ;)

mom said...

Amen!