Monday, November 30, 2009

A Year Ago Today

So... the past couple of weeks I kept on remembering. I mostly kept on remember where I had been a year ago today. Today, meaning the two weeks of me really remembering :).

November 14- December 2, 2009.

I would think... A year ago today....

I was beginning a 24 hour plane ride to New Delhi.
I saw for the first time what poverty really was.
I smelled it.
I tasted it.
I heard it.
I felt it.
I met the most amazing children in the world.
I was playing duck duck goose with them, my orphans, in the Himalayas.
I got to taste God's love for his children.
I loved more than I knew a body could.
I taught my kids their first ever hands on learning activities through workshops about Health, Science, Math, and English.
My roommates and I shared silly girl memories :)
I was teaching my kids how to brush their teeth in the pouring icy rain.
I was assisting with health exams of Indian children.
I licked the Taj Mahal.
I had seven kids on my lap, giggling, telling me stories, and trying to keep warm. :)
I went to India, looking to change the lives of orphans, and to help give them a better future.
I didn't even know I was the one who would be changed.
I didn't realize I would never see life the same.

One year ago today, I spent the best weeks of my life, learning to love, heal, laugh, and grow.

Just so you know, I miss India. So much.



















No comments: