Sunday, March 29, 2009

District Speech Competition

March 28, 2009
I'm at District speech right now... I just finished my first round. I felt really good about it... :) My Mother Teresa speech is... the bomb. It's a nice speech if I deliver it well. I thought I did... 'till Mr. Burton, our speech coach came up to me and said, "You really need to step it up next round." *Sigh!* I thought I did well... but he didn't even see me! and I was the first one to go today... Ugh... Oh well, I'll step it up... and dominate. Until next round...
Two more to go...

March 29, 2009
So, ... district speech is over now. I didn't really dominate, but... it's all good. :) I'm an alternate to go to state! I took 6th out of about 19 kids. I did pretty well for my first time ever! Burton was right in saying I needed to step it up in the next rounds. I either didn't do a stellar performance the first time, or my judge judged me harshly because I was the first to go. I would like to blame it on the judge... but it probably wasn't quite stellar. Good, but not stellar. The only complaints the judges really had were that my blocking wandered a little bit and one thought it was too long. (It wasn't. It was 9 minutes when it was supposed to be under 10.)
Overall, I do think I did a good job, especially for being a rookie. It was a hearty amount of fun :). If you want to read my Mother Teresa speech, let me know, and I'll email you a copy.

Who knows? If someone dies, maybe I can compete at state. :)

1 comment:

Kori Dawn said...

way to be opptimistic!!! i love it...of course you will go to state..lol