Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Traumatized

A really long story short,

I was on an empty road in the wrong lane, I looked, and didn't see anyone else on the stinkin' street. I backed up to get in the correct lane, and accidentally bumped the curb. I'm good at misjudging curb distance. . . it wasn't too out of the ordinary. . . I was on my way to the bank and noticed a man following me. He even honked and was throwing his arms up in anger. When I changed lanes, he would too, and I was very frightened. I called my mom and freaked out saying, "Mom, a scary man is following me, and I don't know what to do!!!" She replied calmly saying, "Well, just get to the bank and go in." I got to the bank, and he followed me. I got out of the car and he got out of his and started yelling at me, I started saying whatever came to my head, "I'm so so so so sorry, I didn't mean to cut you off, I am really sorry, I didn't mean to, I'm really really so sorry..." Then he said, "If you hit somebody, you have to stop! I called the police and told them you were running away!" It turned out I accidentally bumped his car, and not a curb. Three police cars showed up. I was just glad he wasn't going to beat me, then another fear set in. I just hit and run. I broke the law. We looked at the cars, I was really scared. there was absolutely no damage on his car, and a little scratch on my mom's mini-van from his license plate. The police told him why I didn't stop, (Because I thought I bumped a curb and was afraid he was going to beat me.) and he started to understand, but he was still set on filing a claim. The police officers said, "But there is no damage!" The claim was filed. They said I don't have anything to worry about. I am still a little traumatized.

Oh, a kind of funny story. You know my dad, he is a joker. He showed up, and was looking at the cars and checking out my crime scene, and said, "Becca, you know you really should stop if you get in an accident." He had a big grin on his face. He was just teasing. . . I started crying really a lot and said, trying not to yell, "I didn't know I bumped him!" I felt horrible, and wasn't nice and didn't let him apologize for a minute. Then I said sorry for being a mean teenager. If I didn't, I am sorry dad. I love you. Um, That's all.

2 comments:

kristin said...

Wow. People in Idaho sure are silly. If you didn't do any damage, why did he have to file a claim?? Oh wait, because his a silly Idahoan.

Kent Dodds said...

If that man had just looked at the bright-side of life, he wouldn't be so angry about nothing. It reminds me of that guy who yelled at me when his dogs hit my car! :S Don't worry, that experience you had will just prepare you for when something like that happens again!!! Yay! Isn't life just great!?
(hee hee, just kidding... hopefully...)