Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Sisters. Sisters.

I would like to dedicate this song to my sister Mary. (Okay, okay, and Emma too. I just miss Mary like crazy right now.) No. . . I didn't write it. . . I haven't developed those creativity skills yet. . .

Sisters, Sisters From: White Christmas. Written by: Irving Berlin. Commentary by: Becca Carlisle. Commentary written in the : (Bolded Parentheses).

Sisters, sisters (Mary, Emma, and Becca)
There were never such devoted sisters, (Benny is pretty devoted too.)
Never had to have a chaperone, No sir, (No sir.)
I'm here to keep my eye on her (They're more often there to keep an eye on me. They are good at it.)
Caring, sharing (It's a rule in our house, but don't worry. We usually do it on our own. )
Every little thing that we are wearing (Um. . . Only shirts, pants, and dresses. Sometimes shoes.)
When a certain gentleman arrived from Rome (Singapore)
She wore the dress, and I stayed home (Actually, Mary and I are going to be in Salt Lake for that particular weekend, and Emma can't date.)
All kinds of weather, we stick together (No doubt.)
The same in the rain and sun (and Ice, and fire, and snow, and wet, and cold, and FREEZING IDAHO!)
Two different faces, but in tight places (Three, remember? and Benny is different too.)
We think and we act as one (on occasion. . . )
Those who have seen us (People have seen us.)
Know that not a thing could come between us (Not a single thing.)
Many men have tried to split us up, but no one can (Many like. . . none, But they couldn't. Oh no, they could not.)
Lord help the mister who comes between me and my sister (Sisters. Plural. There are three of us, Remember??)
And Lord help the sister, who comes between me and my man (Help her!)

---------------------
Dear Mary,

I miss you. I love you. You are my favorite older sister. I love you. I miss you.

Love, Becca.

PS. Here is a good photo from the olden days. Enjoy.
PS Again. Sorry, I couldn't add the photo. I'll try to again some other time. It's a good one.

PS after the PS Again. I found it. :) Oh cute.

1 comment:

Mary said...

Hey girly girl. I loved this. Especially your edits. They certainly made the song. I miss you too! And I love you more than string cheese on a cold wet day. :)